my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

oh so totally screwed

I checked--again--the requirements for ministerial credentials through a certain denomination. I don't meet them...at all. Ok, so the basics I do meet--born again, part of a church, etc.--but I fail at the technicalities. Pretty much...I doubt that I'll ever be a licensed minister with denomination x.

Really, this probably shouldn't bother me so much, except this is the denomination my parents are fully committed to me being a part of. I tell them I'm called to missions; they tell me I should go with this mission board. I look into the "prerequisites" and find that I'm lacking; they say they'll pray harder.

Um...I don't think that's going to do all that much...

Anyway. This just underlines my theories that I won't be going out as a traditional missionary. That's ok. It's different, and I'll probably have to deal with their disappointment--well, my dad's disappointment anyway...oh heck, probably my mom's too. Yep, pretty sure I'm now a new failure to both of my parents. Oh joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home