my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Saturday, June 21, 2008

summer open letters (from June 20)

Dear Readers,

I apologize for the cliche-laden blog I posted yesterday. I was tired and a little overwhelmed, and when I write in that condition, I produce cliches en mass(e?). I contemplated leaving it as a private entry, but then thought, what's the use? So against my better judgment, I posted it. Please forgive me. It'll probably happen again.

Apologetically,

Quesse Lome



Dear Estranged (your word, not mine) Friend,

I must admit, I was a bit surprised when you contacted me yesterday. The last time we "talked" was the day before graduation. I remember because my family was wondering why I was crying. Anyway, next time you decide to strike up a conversation with someone, would you mind making it longer than three text messages? I mean, if you really want to talk to an "estranged" (again, your word, not mine) friend, typically you talk longer than that.

Mind you, I'm actually ok that you didn't talk longer because each new text buzz I felt made me nervous all over again and that would have ruined my delightful hike yesterday. I hope the reason you stopped talking wasn't grievous, like a car accident. Here's to figuring out if it's worth salvaging our friendship.

Cheers!

The Other Estranged Friend



Dear Summer,

Oh there you are! How nice of you to finally come out and play. :) I've missed you.

Love,

Your Biggest Fan



Dear Manchester State Park,

I am incredibly sad that you were so close to me the whole time that I lived in Port Orchard, and I never tasted of your goodness before yesterday. I am more than thrilled with your multitudinous trails, your forests, your beaches, your views of Mt. Rainier, your hordes of chipmunks and robins, and your stunning palette. I plan to visit you again soon and maybe spend another two hours wandering your acreage.

Delightedly yours,

Nature Girl



Dear Body,

I am sorry for abusing you. You have served me well these (almost) 23 years, and I do not have the right to treat you so shamefully. You've carried me faithfully across four continents, throughout historical sites ranging from the Romans to the Post-Modern, and I should treat you better. After all, we still need to see the Amazon and the Great Barrier Reef.

Sincerely sorry,

Bethany



Dear God,

Thank you.

Love,

me

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear "The Other Estranged Friend,"

I ceased talking because I believe it was your turn to respond. I did not want to push, as is evidence by your description of your reaction. However much I desire things to be normal, I must respect your feelings. There was no car accident, thankfully. Perhaps I'll try again sometime later.

Here's to mending bridges.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Quesse Lómë said...

Unless my last text message didn't go through--quite possibly, since I happened to be in the woods at the time--it was your turn to respond. Oh well...maybe next time.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home