my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Sunday, June 08, 2008

I want to take this moment to say...

...that I am alive. Yes, even though I feel like I am one of the walking dead, I am, in fact, living. But I'm not moving very fast, so even if I was one of the walking dead, you'd be able to outrun me no problem.

I am afflicted with the common cold, also known as a rhinovirus, and I feel like I'm suffering from ebola. Ok, not really, because my insides are staying there and not gradually melting out of every pore and/or orifice of my body. Phew! Close call there.

I mentioned to a friend today that I would rather have malaria than a cold. I would much rather be puking my guts out in a delirious state than be practically functional in the same way that a zucchini in a crisper drawer is functional. I'm not starting to mold or get squishy in spots, but I'm not exactly doing anything worthwhile either.

I went to church this morning, but I felt like a walking petri dish. I'm on a steady diet of otc cold medicine, cough drops, various fluids, and the box of Godiva chocolates my uncle sent me for graduation. Although supplies are running low, I should be able to restock when necessary, except for the Godivas, but I'm willing to sacrifice.

Since graduation, I have been gradually reading through my new stock of books--Fahrenheit 451, 1984, Water for Elephants, and now I'm on to Le Petit Prince, which I purchased at a French bookstore off Rockefeller Plaza. I'm pleasantly surprised at how easily I'm following along in the book in spite of being in a generic Dayquil induced haze.

By the way, I never realized how entirely useless I would feel with a BA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home