my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Man! I feel like a woman...

Totally had the best girls' night out last night. I really haven't had that in awhile, so it was nice to get out of Hicksville and back to Seattle. Also, it was nice to get out from under the ever-watchful eyes of two sets of ordained ministers--my parents and my pseudo grandparents. They're great, but it's nice to get around people my age where I can let my hair down.

Last night I met up with three of my gal pals from college at one of their homes in Seattle. From there, I drove us through a circuitous path to Ballard where we showed up early to a show at the Tractor Tavern. Like almost two hours early. So we went to sushi instead. I had seaweed salad for the first time and a couple of sips of sake. New experience. Not sure if I liked the sake, but it was ok. I'm pretty sure it could grow on me. :)

At the Tractor Tavern, I had my first experience getting carded, even though I'm turning 23 this summer. I still have remnants of the "ok" stamp on the inside of my right wrist. At the tavern, friends decided I needed to drink, even though I was the designated driver. Don't worry, they're experienced drinkers and were careful to make sure that I was still very sober by the time it came to driving.

I ended up, over the course of three hours, having two weak-ish (I was told) mixed drinks. The first, which my friend dubbed a "princess sunrise," was a Malibu with pineapple. I really liked that, actually, and wanted to drink it way faster than I did--which is probably a good idea. The second drink was a screwdriver, which grew on me as well after I got past the idea that I was drinking citrusy robitussin.

Let's see...oh yeah, the show. :) The show was great. The first performers were a local group called Anomie Belle (I think). The second performer--the reason we went--was Fink. Fink, as one of my friends put it, has a sound like sex and cigarettes--very gritty jazz. He was amazing. The third performer, well, she was good, but we were tired.

We ended up leaving around midnight and headed to 5 Point in Seattle to meet up with a photographer guy one of my friends met at the show. GOOD food there. Great waitress. Loved it!

Anyway, got back to the house at 2am, and I was so tired...unfortunately, I had coffee at 5 Point to make sure I could stay awake enough to drive "home" so I couldn't sleep for awhile. So I was lying on the couch, trying to sleep, and my heart was racing until 3am. Still, it was a GREAT night. :)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

your post, remember me with shania twain song :)

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home