my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Monday, June 12, 2006

determined

I talked with my parents today over lunch--wendy's=comfort food. It was emotional, but good. Through it, I've come to the conclusion of being determined. I know, who really cares, right? Not that exciting for anyone who might read this, but it's thrilling for me. :)

And you know what the most exhilarating feeling in the whole wide world is? Coming through a hard time and realizing that God is still there--even through it all. Maybe this past week wasn't spiritual warfare like I thought it was. Maybe, as a friend of mine suggested, it was God's way of pruning me. I think that's more like it. I hope this time the pruning sticks. (at least in this area) I'm sure that God will continue to prune me as I grow--after all, it's only healthy to cut away the bad and encourage the healthy to grow!

There is such joy in finding God again, in seeing Him. I know that I don't see Him completely. But the little that I do see brings me joy coupled with tears and laughter. God is so good. I was just reminded of a song that my church in PO sings after every service--so fitting for this time. Here it is:

In Christ alone
I place my trust
And find my glory
In the power of the cross

In every victory,
Let it be said of me
My source of strength
My source of hope
Is Christ alone!


Wow, so good! I think I'm gonna go revel in that for awhile. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home