my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Thursday, June 08, 2006

feelin' high

I'm in the upstairs part of the school library right now, ignoring the empty feeling in my stomach. I want to make the most of my time in the library--it closes at 9pm during the summer. So why am I writing a blog instead of doing just that? Good question. I don't know...

Anyhow, I'm currently listening to Fall Out Boy's song "Sugar, We're Goin Down." I don't know why I feel this compulsion to blog every time I listen to this song. I have so many senses tied up in this song. The content isn't the best, but the song itself just catches and sticks in my head. It makes me feel high. It reminds me of Tyler, of him singing it in the backseat of Nate's car on the way down to pick up the van. And the three guys--Ty, Nate, and Zack--jammin' away...makes me smile and wish school would start up again so that I could hang with all the great peeps that go here. But summer is just going to drag on and on... :P

Now I'm listening to the next Fall Out Boy song on my playlist..."A Little Less Sixteen Candles, a little more 'Touch Me.'" This also reminds me of driving in Nate's car with Tyler. That time, which still makes me smile at the memory, I was really sick. Ty convinced his roommate to drive us to Safeway so that I could get meds for my nasty cold. Quality guys--both of 'em. I'm just a *little* more partial to the one than the other. (JUST KIDDING!) Tyler's so the better of the two. :)

And back to the library...I'm researching my topic of Chinese university students and I have a stack of five books about Chinese culture, symbols, and history. I also have 28 pages of info from various websites...so I should have enough research materials to complete my project. I just wish that I had put more effort in earlier in the week. I'll be able to do this paper, it's just going to call for a late night. (Drat.)

So I'm gonna get started on that. (hehehe...yeah right. I'm gonna go procrastinate is more like it...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home