my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Thursday, June 08, 2006

blown away

Last night I read Steven Dietz' play "The Nina Variations." I was blown away by his work. I've never read Chekov's "Seagull" on which this play was based, so there is no way for me to compare, but my hat is off to Dietz. This play is phenomenal. It takes one scene and reworks it forty two times, revealing the plot of the original. I'm amazed. Wow. I hope that NU puts on this production some time. I heard that it was in the works for spring semester and was replaced by R&J--which was a great production. But I hope that this comes into the picture while I'm still here. It's phenomenal.

In totally unrelated news, I'm thinking of sharing my story with people. The whole thing. I think that it would be helpful for others. But I'm still holding back. I want to make sure that this is a God thing and not a me thing. I don't want to share all the details of my past with people if it's not going to be worth it, y'know? So in the meantime, I'm in prayer about this. According to how the pieces fall together, I'll know if it's something that will come to fruition or die in the works. We'll see what God's got up His proverbial sleeve on this one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home