my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Monday, February 26, 2007

writing

I officially have too many blogs. I currently maintain four. *quickly calculates* Yes, four. *calculates again* Good grief, four? Four?! Why do I need all of them?! At least I closed my opendiary.com account about a year ago. That would suck...

Several of my blogs have repeat blogs in them--the informational blogs that keep people updated on the basic stuff of my life. Myspace and this blog tend to have the duplicates. Obviously, I'm very open on this blog. I don't think I hold anything back really, when I use it. Occasionally, I blog on facebook, but only every now and then, and nothing super duper interesting or important.

My most recent excursion--like this year--has been back to xanga. (Had an account, closed it, reopened this one.) I originally reopened the xanga account so that I could comment on my friends' blogs on xanga. So now I have a fourth blog site...and I'm addicted and blog everywhere.

If I remembered to carry a notebook with me like Joan Didion suggests, I would be writing things all the time. I do that in class as is. I start describing the classroom, the way the light hits the trees outside. I draw analogies between sheep and donuts...okay, I don't really. But the point is, I'm addicted to writing. Most of the notes and pieces I produce aren't of much value now, but they are practice. Maybe one day I'll actually pull all of these random things together into a book or something.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could call it "Diaries of a White African Feline" ;)

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home