my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Thursday, February 22, 2007

laughing...and it's weird :)

I'm just going to cut to the chase. Tyler and I broke up tonight. It's really weird, but it's good. I think it's weird BECAUSE it's good. I just can't stop laughing about it because I know it's the right thing and it was so easy to have that talk.

It's funny because both Tyler and I knew that this was coming--but only in our heads--and I have a feeling it's going to be such a surprise to everyone. But...it doesn't matter what other people think about it because both Tyler and I feel great about it. WHICH IS SO WEIRD!

And yet, it's the best thing.

We talked about it, both cried a little, but not because we're not dating anymore. We both helped each other through A LOT this last year. Oh my goodness. I wouldn't have been able to handle last year if it hadn't been for Tyler and his family being there. In fact, it's very likely that I wouldn't be here at all if it hadn't been for them.

So...Tyler and I have grown together. But now it's time for us to grow apart. We're still going to be friends, but the dynamics are going to change a little. ;) We need this space to grow up, and who knows what the future holds? It's open! And God knows what's going to happen. I hope all the best for Tyler--and I know that God's going to give it to him. He's got the best planned for me, too, so that's something to look forward to as well. :)

The only thing that's going to be awkward about all of this is that people are going to be asking questions, and it's going to be a pain in the butt to keep answering them. Oh well, it could be worse!

And now...now that I feel like I can breathe again, onward to homework! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home