my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Saturday, July 22, 2006

weekend update

I've had a very good weekend. Okay, there were a few hiccups, but those have passed. Communication and prayer do wonders for fixing things. Understanding helps as well, but I have a feeling full comprehension won't happen for a little while longer. Eh, things will make sense one day.

Last night, I saw Bye Bye Birdie for the first time. I absolutely loved it. And I could relate with so much of the storyline it wasn't even funny. Especially going hand in hand with the "hiccups," I was thinking to myself, "I'm right there with you, sister!" Such an enjoyable show. Great music, hilarious storyline, sweet ending. *sigh* Romance...*spontaneous, uncontrollable gagging* I have a feeling that my propensity for all things emotional sicken many people around me. Sometimes it gets a little too much for me as well... Although, I will say this about "romance": I'm rather sick and tired of seeing teenagers walking around with tongues down their SO's throats. Seriously, WHO WANTS TO SEE THAT?! It's disgusting. Get a room! Or better yet: get a spouse and do that in the privacy of your own home!!!! *vomit*

Anyhow, today in Seattle was a lot of fun. I shopped so much, and I ate so much. Goodness. For someone who's hardly eaten all week, I actually ate three whole meals today. That was a lot of food. Although, now that I'm full, I won't be sidetracked by a half-growling stomach and might be able to sleep tonight. *crosses fingers* Yes, I took Eli to Pan Africa in Seattle for lunch. Divine food, as usual. Bad location. Okay, so the location's goodness is subjective. If you've been there, you know what I mean.

We also scored some great peaches in Pike's Place and some French pastries along the main street through the Market. Ah yes, we were full of food. And then the shopping came. Lots and lots of shopping. Lots of money that should have been spent elsewhere. At least I managed to reign in my urges to buy everything I saw. For instance, there was this really cute swimsuit I tried on at Macy's, but since it was not really a bathing suit and more like a lounging suit, I thought: why spend that kind of money on something I can't even use? Plus, with the cute little cutout on the side, it would give me the weirdest tan lines...and I have problems with those already. :P

We ended the day at Seattle Center where the Bite of Seattle is happening. I haven't seen that many people in a good long time. It was a blast. Lots of people, lots of policemen, lots of food--yes, MORE food--and lots of crazy music. I ate sushi for dinner and had these lovely donut things for dessert. In between dinner and dessert, Eli and I walked down in the fountain and cooled off our feet. We'd originally planned on changing into our swimsuits and running around in the fountain, but there were so many people that it would've been way too much of a hassle to go and come back and change, and blah blah blah. So we forewent that idea.

Then we walked back to downtown, waited for the bus, and came back to NU around 9:45pm. We then finished watching Pride & Prejudice--the newer version--that we'd started last night. I have to say this: for a shorter version that left A LOT out from the book, it really was good. Still not a huge fan of Keira Knightley, but overall, it was a good movie. And Judi Dench was sadly disappointing in her role. She was more fearsome as Lady Blacknell in The Importance of Being Earnest. Anyhow, came to the conclusion that I am somewhat like Lizzie and Ty is somewhat like Darcy. Ha ha! I have a Mr. Darcy! All the romantics in the world are now permitted to envy me. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home