my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Sunday, July 16, 2006

appreciation

I had a random thought just as I was getting into my pjs and prepping for bed. (Oh glorious mattress, how much I love you!) The thought was about people at my church, and how grateful they are for what I do there. I don't think I really do all that much, and that which I do, well, there's nothing phenomenal about it.

Same thing goes for work. All this praise seems to be coming out of nowhere, and it's unnerving to me. Half of me thinks there's some kind of mind game being played--ah yes, paranoia strikes again--whereas the other half of me thinks it isn't genuine. At the same time, I know that all of these people involved are genuine people and wouldn't say something if they didn't mean it. So my mind gets to grapple with this for awhile.

In the meantime, I am presented with the idea that maybe the rest of the world is this demonstrative with their thanks and that I haven't actually been living in the real world for my entire life. All of this is too much for my brain to consider at the moment, so I needed to do some mental purging in order to allow sleep to come. Thank you for "listening."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home