my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Thursday, June 29, 2006

future goodness

I'm so excited. The future holds such good things. Now if only the future would come now... :) I've been planning on going home for Christmas--home being Africa--and it looks like I might have a travel buddy or two! :) One of the profs at school here--who worked with my dad--has a daughter interested in coming out to Chad to work with students in Moundou--where my parents will be living. It's for a senior project, but she's planning on coming out the same time as me. And that'd be so incredibly awesome!!! :D I can tell she's a cool chick already...and I really don't know her that well. Plus, she might be able to have another friend come along...and that'd be even sweeter.

Other goodness, and maybe I mentioned this in an earlier blog, but I might have the chance to mentor a young girl this fall. She's in seventh grade and is becoming something of a handful for her parents. Her mom made the suggestion to me to be a mentor, and I really, really like the idea. I miss working with youth, and the girl's got a lot of potential. It could be lots of fun!

Other future goodness--WAY in the future--for some reason, we talk about sex a lot in the bookstore. I know it's the bookstore for a Christian university, but having two married women running things, well, I guess it's only a natural progression from barcoding to birth control. It makes me laugh, and although it can be a little embarrassing sometimes, I know that I'll appreciate the pseudo-mothership (HA!) of them being around. It's hilarious. And poor Alex...he doesn't hear most of the conversations that go on in the bookstore--because the three of us gals go back in one of the corners to talk about it--but it bugs him. Good thing he has a great attitude!

1 Comments:

Blogger grackyfrogg said...

yay for good things! :)

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home