my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Friday, June 23, 2006

not normal

I am up late doing this grammar project for TESL. It's coming along slowly. I have a feeling I'll be up all night long--again. I should just resign myself to this. Or I should start earlier in the week like I plan to. Eh...chalk it up to experience. Learn next time! (Remember this exhaustion and the boredom. Think about how comfortable your bed is...)

Anyhow, I figured I'd see what was in my fridges. Yes, I have three in my dorm room. They're mini, and hey, if you were living in the dorms without a cafeteria all summer, you'd appreciate the extra space as well. Don't give me none of that garbage that is formulating in your mind. :) Thank you. Wow, I digress swiftly at 3:40am.

So I look in one of my fridges, getting distracted by the mirror and the fact that I am dancing in front of it. *blush* Yeah, this white girl don't dance...unless she's alone in her room and it's 3:40am. But I digress again.

I found--oh treasure trove of non-caloric goodness!--a Coca-Cola Zero. Sweet bliss with caffeine! (Side note: I ought to stop drinking caffeinated beverages to stay awake...I should just get more sleep!) So I open the can, start to take a sip...and there's some floating thing that hits my mouth. My first thought: does coke ever "go bad"? Can it curdle? And then I had to laugh, because let's face it, of all the chemicals and "natural" ingredients in coke, dairy ain't one of 'em! I think...

Turns out, the can had been sitting in my coldest fridge--which I'd been storing frozen meals in earlier in the month. I'm surprised that a) I forgot that and b) that the can hasn't exploded by now. I guess the fridge didn't get cold enough, which is good. How does one explain to someone upon returning the borrowed fridge that there is shrapnel embedded in the interior surfaces from an exploding coke can?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home