my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

library thoughts

The problem with wearing headphones and listening to bouncy music in public is that I keep wanting to dance--*gasp!*--while doing my research on Amy Lowell. "Wannabe" by the SpiceGirls is not exactly grey matter-enhancing. In fact, it is more than likely that my brain is melting out my nose at this very moment.

Anyhow, some more thoughts about libraries, in particular, the library at my school. It irks me that this university can be so myopic, especially in relation to the issue of homosexuality. I don't agree with it, I don't support it, I don't think that it is a valid or acceptable lifestyle. But I'm not going to overlook a talented person's art because he or she is gay. It's like overlooking someone because he is male, or she is female, or they are Russian. (The worst of all!)

Especially in this case, I am irked because I had to beat my brains out to locate sources on Amy Lowell, in particular, anything that remarked on her sexual orientation. Since my topic concerns how her sexual preference did/did not influence her poetry, it's a little difficult to find adequate research when the university's take on homosexuality filters down into the library. Oi.

Random: I'm now "rockin'" out to Billy Joel's theme song to Oliver and Company. Hahahhaa...oh that makes me laugh. And, were I not in the library, I'd be laughing out loud. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home