my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Friday, November 17, 2006

just great

Today is starting off brilliantly. Already, I've ended up skipping chapel-- :( --and crying on a phone call to my parents. Why? Why? Granted, I'm fully to blame for all of that, but that's certainly no comfort. I can't blame anyone else for this, even though I would like to say "j'accuse!" to the unhelpful travel agent I used, but it is fully my fault for overlooking these details concerning my final and my flight.

Let me use a Thanksgiving analogy to better describe where I'm at right now. Y'know at Thanksgiving, you're loading up your plate, and you put on all the favorites, and you're starting to run out of room on your plate--and in your stomach--and you know you need to stop adding things, but hey, Thanksgiving only comes once a year, right? So you keep adding. And then you get passed the dishes that your vegan aunt brought. You can't pass it on, because she would be mortally wounded, but you really don't want to partake of tofurkey and organic dandelion greens.

However, you add the revolting, required servings of tofurkey AND organic dandelion greens to your plate. By now, if someone bumps the table, your plate of food is going to splatter everywhere like a jenga tower. (Okay, that's pushing the analogy envelope maybe too far.) So even though there's all this great food on your plate that you would gladly consume, even though it's way too much, you also need to eat the gross stuff too. And then you know that you're not going to get it all down, but you know that that crazy aunt is going to have a cow if you don't eat her dishes. So what do you do? You eat the gross stuff and end up passing on some of the good stuff.

Moral of the story: figure out scheduling to avoid unwanted tofurkey consumption.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home