my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Thursday, June 01, 2006

distracting myself from much more important things

I am currently distracting myself from the mountains of reading I've done and shall continue to do tonight for my TESL classes. I simply can't take anymore. Give me a few minutes' break, and I'll get back to Krashen and then on to Ashton-Warner. *stoic deep breath* I can do this. These classes shall not get the best of me.

That said, I've decided to go over the major projects due post-class wrap up. Each class that I've taken for this certificate has at least one major project due after the week of class is through. I'd like to get a big picture of what all I need to get done for this...and see how much I'll have to stock up on comfort food and coffee...


Intro to TESL:
Student Population Paper (due June 9)
~5-10 pages in length describing target student group


Methods and Materials:
Unit Plan (due June 16)
~lessons made up of presentations and activities (one unit=10 hours class time)


Grammar for ESL
Grammar Project (due June 23)
~handout for teachers (so that anyone can teach the class)
~handout for students (these are two very different items)
~includes 10 activities for grammar topic (I think I'm going with adjectives) and it addresses form, meaning and use
Grammar Text (due June 30)
~ginormous workbook of grammar exercises (luckily we got started on this in class last week)


Teaching Reading for ESL
Reading Log and Essay (due June 30)
~100 pages of pleasure reading per week
~essay that discusses the reading process, new words and concepts, ways ESL students would benefit from pleasure reading, overall impression of experience
Reading Project (due July 7)
~reading and writing project based on a book
~hooray for MORE ACTIVITIES!!! *sarcastic smile*


Teaching Writing for ESL
Journal (due June 26)
~at least three entries per week discussing various themes about writing
Writing Project (due July 7)
~same as reading project (combined effort)


So I have my summer work cut out for me. :P This will be piled on top of working full time. And once this is done, I get to continue to an Old Testament correspondance course that I attempted to start LAST summer. All this to point out: I will be more than ecstatic about having vacation time in Alaska the end of July. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home