my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Monday, May 29, 2006

waiting

God is so faithful to us. I am so thankful for that reminder. I forget it too often and try to rely on my own strength to make things happen. But God's the one in control, and His timing is perfect.

I had a sermon on cd from my home church. I've had it probably for about a year now, and I'd never listened to it. The title? "Journey to the Waiting Room." I thought it was about time for me to listen. So I did.

I'm glad I listened to it now, because it really meant something to me. I cried and empathized and hugged my teddy bear and prayed and asked for comfort and illumination. And God is faithful. I feel comforted by the message, and especially by the song sung at the end. Here are the lyrics:

I waited for the Lord on high
I waited, and He heard my cry
(repeat)

There's a new song in my heart to sing
A new song, praises to my King
(repeat)
Also, the passage of Scripture, Psalm 40:1-3, spoke to me, even though I've heard it many times before. Here it is as well:

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.
NIV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home