my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Saturday, May 27, 2006

wedding bells and ridiculously overpriced dresses

In case the title of this blog threw anyone, no, I am not getting married any time soon. However, I have a friend who is getting married this summer and her bridal shower is on Thursday. I have never been to a bridal shower, so I had no idea what to get to bring. I've heard it's typical to buy skanky lingerie for the honeymoon, but there was NO WAY that I would ever do that for someone. *shudder* I hope I manage to have the same courtesy paid me should I ever get married. *makes sign against the evil eye*

Fortunately, my roommate from this last year was in town--and she is also going to the shower--so the two of us decided to hit up the mall in search of something for our friend. We ended up going in together on something nice and not sleazy, so we're both happy with the choice we made. Awkwardness was avoided. *whew*

Anyhow, since we were at the mall, I decided to put my roommate through the ordeal of traipsing from store to store in search of dresses. I've been looking for something between "Sunday wear" and "formal wear," so I was hoping to find something while at the mall. We hit up the major department stores and some of the fashion boutiques in between. I have to say, there is absolutely NO reason in the world why a dress should cost over $300. Even a wedding dress shouldn't cost that bloody much. And really, when some of the "fashion" items being sold aren't good quality, I have to ask myself what kind of mindless drone purchases such things. In the end, I bought I dress that was super marked down--the only way I could ever afford something at the mall--and now I'll have to find some occasion to wear it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home