my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Monday, May 29, 2006

Summertime

I'm currently looking out my window, looking at the sunset. It's quite lovely. Nothing extraordinary, but it's that cornflower blue up above with clouds, then lemonade yellow by the horizon, and a few touches of pink on the clouds' underbellies. Even though it's cold out, and kind of chilly in my room, I'm reminded that it's summer.

And if you're the college age or thereabouts, you know what that means: weddings. :P

Last summer, I went to my RA's wedding and one of their "favors" was a cd compilation of the music played at their ceremony. I'm currently listening to it. (I think I'm inwardly sadistic...) On Thursday, I'm going to a bridal shower for a friend who's getting married this summer. I won't be going to that wedding, but if I did...well, I'd enjoy it, I guess. I'd certainly have a reason to stand around for the bouquet toss, that's for sure. ;) *laughs*

I really don't have anything against weddings, but it's a reminder of my singleness. Yes, I am dating, but I still consider myself single. (Single and not available...there's a difference of being "just single.") And yes, I know I have odd views in this area. Most people pick up on that as well...so join the ranks.

This really corresponds with something that pastor has been saying at church, about being content wherever you are, no matter your circumstances. *tries to swallow and chokes* That's a hard one to get down... So here I am, writing a blog about it. I don't think that I am discontent with where I am at. I enjoy my single life. I have a lot of freedom. I have a lot less responsibility. But at the same time, I do look forward to potentially being married. And maybe God already has the perfect guy set aside for me and one day we'll make a life together. (I hope so!!!) But until that day, I'm content to wait and see what happens. I think...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home