my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Thursday, November 30, 2006

*coughADDICTcough*

I finished reading Hebrews this morning and then read a selection from My Utmost for His Highest. Today I felt like what I read a) actually applied and b) actually kind of stuck in my head. Yesterday's reading was just an act and didn't really penetrate into my head or heart. This morning's seems to have done both, especially what Chambers had to say.

Chambers' topic was about humility and how we present ourselves in ways that we think are humble but are, in fact, insulting to God. He gave the spiritual example of saying, "Oh, I'm not a saint," but that's really saying that God could not sanctify. But there are other ways that we insult God in our "humility." We say things like "I'm really not pretty," "I don't have that much talent," "I can't effectively minister to others," etc. When we say that, we're giving Him a bad rap as our Creator and Redeemer.

Hence why I have many thoughts to ponder today. (Also, but for unrelated reasons, I think I shall wear makeup.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmmm....

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home