my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Friday, October 27, 2006

Sabine

I'm doing something different. I've recently started a story about a young woman named Sabine. (Yes, the name has important meaning.) I used to write all the time, and most recently, that written habit has come solely in the form of blogging or other types of journaling. So much has happened and so much has come to the surface that I haven't had the strength to write creatively.

Poor attempts at poetry have still come through during intense emotional periods. However, I used to write short stories--and long--all the time. I've never really completed any of these stories, but I've loved writing them. They've also been a way that I've channelled my energies and emotions into a "safe" method of display. I think this is probably why I haven't often showed my writing to other people. One, I'm afraid of criticism, and two, they are very personal to me. (I often write for my own enjoyment and not for the pleasure of a general audience.)

This brings me to why I'm writing this current story. About a week ago now, someone sent me a message on myspace, encouraging me at a time that I was feeling particularly low. (One of the many last week...) Referencing the hard time I was going through and the hard times that she's gone through herself, her main point was that of women being beautiful warrior princesses in God's eyes. We are cherished. We are strong. We have purpose and a quest to complete. Ladies, doesn't that make you want to rise up and do amazing things for the Lord? It does me!

So I've rediscovered a coping method, and hopefully it becomes something that will be useful in this healing process. Sabine is me. Yep, I'm writing myself a story about a beautiful warrior princess. And I'm the heroine. Yep, that means I'm even more egotistical than you thought I was! :) Since this story is specifically for me and for my own purposes, and since it is so private, I can put in everything that I like and not care about it "not making sense." I can create as many realistic struggles as I like, or I can make it entirely fantastical. It's a good feeling.

In the meantime, I have a take-home exam to finish, and yes, this is with a one-week extension on the due date. Ouch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home