my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Saturday, October 21, 2006

emo dreamer

I pulled an all-nighter Thursday night due to homework so I went to bed around 8:30pm yesterday. I could have potentially stayed up longer and participated in the tie-dye fun in my lounge, but I have a coffee date this morning at 9am. I need to get ready for that, but I'm blogging briefly in hopes that I wake up soon.

Anyhow, I woke up this morning, grumbling at my phone's alarm clock, and realized that in the middle of a texting conversation, I'd fallen asleep last night. The difference between the last text that I replied to and the two that followed it was five minutes. So I fell asleep quickly. Furthermore, I has holding my phone in my hand, up near my pillow. My phone not only vibrates but also beeps when I receive text messages--when the phone is not silenced. So I must have fallen asleep hard. Oi.

So rolling out of bed and hoping my sleepy muscles held me on the descent from Mt. Bedverest, I evaded the piles on the floor--my current roommate and I are matched in our nonchalant attitudes towards messiness--and went to turn on the light. In my room, the light switch is beside the door, which contains a full length mirror. Upon turning on the light, I was apalled by the sight before me. My hair was poofy--I don't know HOW that happened--and my unwashed eye-makeup was smeared. I looked like Jack Sparrow with a hangover. (But in my pjs, I looked cute...)

But anyway. (Look! It's a complete sentence fragment!) Last night at practice, one of the actors playfully accused the other actor of being "so emo," citing various behaviors that exemplified that quality. Of course, in the ensuing discussion of emo-ness, the idea of cutting came up--it always does. (Like the phrase: "I wish my lawn was emo so that it would cut itself.") Another thing that came up was listing different musicians who are emo. One of my favorites was mentioned, but I'd always considered them punk, not emo.

The bizarre twist in all this is that for the longest time "emo" did not exist. Then when it did, I didn't have the faintest clue what the heck it was. Only recently have I figured it out, and now I feel like I am "emo." Whatever that's supposed to mean. Especially in light of this past week, it's odd to be suddenly associated--even though most people don't know the association--with a group of people that...well, that I didn't even think I was part of.

Well, now I'm going to go take an emo shower wherein the fluctuating water temperatures will represent the inconsistency of life. *angsty sigh*

*eye roll*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home