my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sundays are amazing

Despite having been up kind of late last night, I made it to church this morning and really enjoyed the service. I love my church. We have a great pastoral staff, a very warm congregation, and we're growing spiritually as a body. I like it. :) Also, even though today's sermon was geared towards fathers specifically, I still took notes because I'm sure I can use the same principles as a mother (someday).

I enjoyed a much need lunch from Sarducci's, then took a bike ride. Wow...it's so obvious that I haven't ridden my bike since last summer. I was dying. :P Well, okay, it wasn't so bad once I warmed up, but at first I thought I was going to die. ;) Sadly, I was going up to the park nearby to ride on the trails and only found out, once I got there, that bikes were not allowed in--only people or dogs. Sadness. :( Oh well, I still got plenty of exercise!

I just finished watching a tv show about fine living. I can't believe how some people live. Beautiful, stunning homes and resorts. Yeah, the resorts were what really blew me away. There's this one resort in Jamaica called Goldeneye. It is, in fact, where Ian Fleming penned his 007 novels--I'm not sure if the resort was named after the books, or vice versa. Anyhow, I was curious about this resort because it was simply phenomenal...and found out that the 1 bedroom cottages--the smallest unit available--run for $750 a night. Yeah, you heard me. A NIGHT. Sure, it's all-inclusive, but that's just NUTS! If only I had money like that... :P

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think, just by knowing you the little that I do, if you had money like that, you'd put it to better use...

Nice blog. ;)

-Maria

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good point...I also think you'd put any money you had to better use. :)

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home