my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Thursday, April 24, 2008

I think I'm on to something...

I think I have decided what I want to do when I graduate.

I'm going to go to India for two weeks. Then I'll come back to the US. From there, not so positive of where I'll go exactly, but I'm strongly contemplating returning to Miracle Ranch. I reapplied, anyway, so we'll see what comes of that. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to that. :)

In the meantime, I think if I go over to PO before heading off to camp, I can get work with a church member who owns a custodial service. I can possibly work for him until camp starts. Then I'll do camp and hopefully have time to look for work back over here in Kirkland so that when I move back over here for grad school--meep!--I'll have full time work.

That's right, I said it. GRAD SCHOOL. Grad school--me! I'm so excited about it! :D There's a new grad program at my uni called International Care and Community Development. It's right up my aisle! I want to get started on it because I don't see myself following the "traditional" role of missions, but I want to do something practical overseas and show God's love that way. He knows I'm not meant for deep theological training, etc. Well, I'm at least not that great at Bible study...

Anyway, I met with the head of the program today and got some more information on it. I'm actually pretty excited about it whereas before it was only average excitement. :) So I might be coming back to school in the fall! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home