my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

one more thing about teen week...

I forgot to add this in, but it's pretty much hilarious as well, so I feel like I need to include it. I guess this adds to the number of unwanted crushes that seem to keep coming from nowhere. Typically, they're not all that funny, but when a thirteen year old camper starts crushing on you--as well as on all the female staff--it's pretty hilarious.

First part of the story: Runway tells me one day that the campers in Silent Thunder's cabin were swapping stories about female counselors they thought were cute. One kid mentions me, then adds, "But she's way too old for me." Runway says, "She's only a few years older than me. How old do you think she is?" Apparently, the camper thought I was in my thirties.

I'll let that sink in for a bit.

Second part of the story: midway through the week, after my shift in the trading post, Geegles walks in and says, "Apparently, you have an admirer." I question him about it, and he adds, "Yeah, he said, 'Hakuna Matata is a hotty with a naughty body.'" I think I shrieked and just about flipped out. That was SO not something I wanted to hear being said about me! Geegles added that he talked to the camper and made it clear not to use that sort of language in reference to anyone, especially female staff.

I would say the camper learned his lesson, except the next day or so, he chose to sit next to me at lunch. *awkward turtle swims away* Anyway, by the end of the week, I found it all amusing and it's definitely something I had to blog about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home