my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Monday, June 04, 2007

wow

Today was a hard day. It was a stretching experience full of, well, bad moments and mini-miracles. I love that God can take a day that I don't really want to be a part of, and then remind me of who He is and how He loves me--and those around me too.

Random emotions throughout the day--as expressed in detail in this blog--were subtle, but very much present. I was tired and stressed by the end of the day--even though it wasn't busy. I had too many memories picking at my brain, and I needed to get away from them.

So I got back to my apartment, drank some water, added a new album to my music player, and made a deal with God. (Yeah...it sounds worse than what it actually was.) I said that I was going to go running, and then when I got back from running, when my head was clear, I would read my Bible.

I headed out to Watershed and started running. And it was great for awhile. And then partway through, all the thoughts that had been pushed to the outskirts of my mind crowded back in and I started walking, slowly, and trying to deal with them. It was very overwhelming.

At one point, I started crying, and then the music I was listening to reminded me of who God is. And as I listened to the music, I began to pray more, claiming who God is and how He is worthy to be praised in the midst of all the crap of my life. Then I claimed His promises that He has made to me, that everything will be okay. And then I was able to run again, with joy, and I finished up my run, praying and praising.

Also, I saw about seven or eight rabbits along the trail--the most I've ever seen on the trail. I felt loved, which sounds odd, but seeing the random rabbit on the trail was like a miniature love note from God. Like a lover bringing you fuzzy slippers on a bad day, only they were real bunnies. ;)

Anyhow, after my run--a total of an hour and 2+ miles--I did come back to the apartment with a clear head, and a light heart, and I read my Bible for an hour, which was great. Every time I stop reading my Bible and then come back to it, I remember how great it is to read it and I wonder why I keep forgetting how much peace comes from spending time with God.

In short, God is amazing. I love Him. We're good. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home