my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Monday, November 20, 2006

*blush*

I have a cherry stain spreading across my face right now. I said something without thinking it through very well--again--and I had a mini-audience to say it to. Erin Lyn called my roommate randomly--yay, Erin!--and Nikki put her on speaker phone.

A large part of the conversation was spent threatening Nikki and me for not keeping the rules of the room--she used to live in our room a year back. Anyhow, it was all joking and fun goodness--and she's visiting tomorrow--and it reminded me of how our floor used to be when all the "old" people were still here. I'm now the person on the floor who's been here the longest. Wow. This is my fourth semester here!

During the course of the conversation, Erin cited Backstage Cafe, a performance that she and I were both a part of. Ah, the memories! ;) (That occurred at the same time that I met Ty's mom and sister, by the way. Awkward performing in front of people you've just met that you want to make a good impression on.) As a result of that production, two of the cast members started dating. (Isn't that always the case?) Erin mentioned that now they only want to hang out with each other and don't hang out with other people.

This, in turn, prompted her to declare, and she was still on speaker phone, "Screw all boys! Except for Tyler..." (As in "my" Tyler. :) ) Without thinking too long about it, I immediately came out with, "But he's the only boy I want to screw!" Hence, the crimson shade.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I SAID THAT! O_O

Some people might call it a Freudian slip. I call it a disconnect from my brain to my mouth. In fact, I don't remember saying it at all. I think the other girls in the room told me that I'd said it once I came to from shock-induced unconsciousness.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bethany, honey, I will tell you the same thing I told Kat. Love the man with all your heart, but do it with your clothes on until you have a covanant relationship with the man!

I soooo love you!

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home