my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"It looks like a Zoloft shark."

I want to start off by saying, "Meghan, I appreciate your glorious sense of humor in the midst of classes." And that's all I'm saying in regards to the subject line.

Moving on!

I am still in the midst of job hunting. Nothing too promising, seeing that I was denied at the library. *sniff* I wasn't 100% sold on the job I was trying for, so in and of itself, not getting that position didn't destroy me. However, as I felt that I was actually somewhat qualified for the position, it was disheartening in another way because then I felt I wouldn't be able to get any job thereafter. (Oh the insane extremes within my cerebrum!)

I ended up having a good chat with Jane in the Aerie about it all, getting things off my chest and trying not to burst into tears the entire conversation. Well, somehow, I managed to get things together, and then after a series of pleasant events, found myself headed in a new direction for possible work and a renewed vigor to vanquish my enemy job applications.

For some reason, job applications and job interviews are two of the most intimidating, anxiety-inducing vehicles in this world--at least for me. In my mind, they represent the potential for failure quite a bit more than success. (Although, I'm probably equally afraid of success and failure...)

All that to say, I picked up several more applications and filled out others I already had, and tomorrow, on that glorious promissory note of hope, I shall go forth in business regalia to drop off my various applications and to pray most fervently for a return on my effort.

Fortunately, I do not feel quite as overwhelmed now as I did earlier. I am still juggling a lot of everything and trying to settle in to some sort of routine and consistency, but I feel a bit of a respite in there. And now to Wisemore's reading...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home