my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

hike: a long walk usually for exercise or pleasure

In this case, it was both. After another slow morning, Kat and I met up with Gaelen for lunch in town--tasty panini!--and then chose to hike in the afternoon out at Settler's Cove. Before we headed out, the Rabbit was out of hibernation long enough to bestow upon us a magical flower that would keep us safe.

It was great hike with warm weather, a few bugs, lots of tree trunks to conquer, and a couple of fun run-ins with water and mud. We also spent some time listening to the trees, eating blueberries, and taking lots of pictures. I was really going to try to capture the day here, and I don't think it's possible for me to do that, so I'm not going to bother.

For dinner, we went for sushi. There's something grand about raw fish and rice and miso soup. And mochi ice cream. Miam! J'en salive... Anywho (ah, the hick in me rises), it's been an awesome day. Kat and I even managed to give BC his meds today--twice!--and we are unmauled in the end. Un/fortunately, BC is starting to feel better, so he's putting up more of a fight than he did earlier.

And now, soon, I shall to bed. Hopefully my cold will be better by tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home