my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Thursday, February 21, 2008

the long-winded day that ended with a sigh of happy relief :)

Do you ever have those days where you feel simply fabulous, and you can't put your finger on why?

Well, today was definitely NOT one of those days--at least for most of it. I was dressed cute all day, with fun hair, and even though I looked good, I felt like crap on a stick. I even got a random compliment on my hair in the checkout line at Houghton Market this afternoon.

A big part of why I felt so out of sorts today was because I was going constantly all day. I started with a TESL class at 10am in which I felt like I knew nothing at all and could explain nothing--and I was meeting one on one with one of the very advanced ESL students! This morning's experience does not bode well for my future as a TESL teacher... :S

After TESL, there was Chaucer, during which class period we devoted ourselves to extensive research, which was actually fun once we got started. (You can tell our class is entirely filled with five senior level nerds.) After that, I met with my CB and a Bible prof to work out a floor event involving Passover and communion. Then it was on to my next class, after which I had to drive to the bank, deposit checks and withdraw cash, and then it was off to Redmond to pick up the floor sweatshirts.

Once I got back from picking up the floor sweatshirts, I went to my room for a few minutes of down time in which I tried to figure out how I was going to manage to go to a friend's birthday dinner and get back to my floor for a meeting at 8:30. Anyway, somehow it all came together, and the floor meeting wasn't that exciting, but it wasn't all that long either.

And then the floor sweatshirts were handed out. And then I took my hair down and shook it out and it became gloriously full-bodied and wavy and I put on my new sweatshirt and felt comfortable AND cute, and the world was well once more.

Now, I find out that what is due for homework tomorrow isn't as overwhelming as I thought it would be, so I just need to call a friend up and work it out with her, and it will all be good. Yay! :)

Anyway, now that I don't look "cute" anymore, I think it's very interesting that I feel beautiful. I think it's because I don't care anymore. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home