my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

my body is a wonderland

Pretty sure every woman--no matter her level of confidence--has discovered one or more flaws on her body at some point during her life on this green earth. I am definitely one of those "rare" types who has discovered full-bodied loathing in this area on multiple occasions.

Problem areas abound, from my face--who knew acne was still a curse after high school?--to my chest--a smidge too small to be adequately proportionate--to my thighs--plump--to my ankles--too thin for my "man calves." I have only ever loved my feet and my hands, although they too have their genetic quirks. (Fortunately, they're still cute in my book.)

Since the start of my senior year, I have managed to gain a solid ten pounds or so. I also haven't been exercising much, which is my fault entirely, and I'm not particularly comfortable with my weight. However, I am currently in love with my body.

Moreover, even though I see no prospects in this area, I don't find it impossible to imagine that there could be a man in the future who could be in love with my body as well. I guess that comes with having self-confidence, which I have gained a lot of in the past year. Fascinating how God can give us that boost that we need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home