my thoughts' coffeeflet

a sort of kludgy lodging place for my life

Monday, April 30, 2007

the wild savage in me struck

This afternoon/evening, Prof. Bill Owen hosted a bbq at his crib (haha...I just said "crib") for the choirs he directs. I went with some girls from our floor, and it was uber fun. Dude, any time that I can get off campus and get mostly homemade food, I'm so there!

Well, at Bill's house, there's a communal green for the development behind his yard, which is surrounded by houses and tall trees. In one of these tall trees hangs a rope to which is attached a large stick so that people--namely college students--can swing wildly on it.

At first, I wasn't going to try it, but then I did and it was tons of fun. We were all taking turns, getting pushed, swinging about wildly. I guess I went one too many times because the last time I swung, my arms decided to give out at the peak of my swing and I fell. (But please spread it around that I "jumped." *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*)

Once I hit the ground, I realized that I was fine--at least in one piece. Everyone thought that I'd jumped because a bunch of the guys had been--go figure ;) --but I confessed to having fallen. I have some minor scrapes on my hands from the wood on the swing, but the painful injury is my right thumb, which is swelling up and hurts to move.

How can I type, you might be thinking. I think the ice pack has something to do with it. I can't grip with my thumb, but I can pound it on a keyboard with the most determined of the bloggers.

Anyway, it was really fun to be outside, running around in the light rain, barefoot and carefree. And then I came back to school where internet still doesn't work in my room, and the reality of end of term finals came back to me. So onward to revising my genres pieces with an ax. Muahahahahaha!!!!!

(crossposted from myspace...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home